Northstar Travel Group is seeking an analytical, collaborative and tech-savvy Systems Analyst with previous hands-on development experience to work with the business and development team at every stage of the development life cycle. This role will team up with programmers, UX designers, QA testers, and so forth, to build systems, triage issues, document workflow, technical integrations, development requirements, and ensure the overall applications and websites are running smoothly.
This position will be required to analyze enhancements and new functionality requests from the business, as well as product defects in an effort to aid the programmers with development. In addition to development related tasks, this position will be required to work very closely with non-technical departments to document business requirements and contribute to the technical design of the project.
This position is based in our Secaucus, NJ office with travel to the Manhattan, NY office once or twice a month to meet with key stake holders.
- Write technical specification documentation
- Drive projects through the software development lifecycle
- Research issues/problems and report back to the team when applicable
- Lead small, medium and large projects
- Salesforce CRM support and integration
- Supports scope development and execution.
- Creates and directs project workflow and deadlines; communicates these consistently with both the business and development and PMO team
- Report regularly on ticket system and progress on closed tasks
- Manages third party delivery organizations including creative, content, and technology vendors; ensures delivery of high-quality products consistent with MS standards
- Manages vendor identification, review, and selection, including contract negotiation, billing and reconciliation; assists in preparing regular forecasts.
- Communicates among all departments and stake holders in order to resolve conflict, celebrate success, and achieve strong team and business user relationships
- Properly interprets business team feedback; keeps management apprised of critical client concerns and opportunities.
- Experience in Salesforce CRM administration, user management and Salesforce configuration and integration
- Experience with APEX data loader
- Experience with data management, data migration and data integration
- Experience with web based enterprise applications such as CRMs and Web-based content management systems’ CMS’
- Experience with e-commerce or web-based payment applications
- Possess knowledge of CRM processes like sales, marketing, customer service and customer support
- Possess knowledge of business processes and the ability to make recommendations to improve business
- Ability to draw opon previous coding experience a plus (.net framework)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of SQL
- Understanding of .Net development
- Familiarity with and experience working with technology platforms
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to create and manage project budgets
- Deadline driven approach to program management.
- Proclivity for working in high pressure situations.
- Understanding of digital products, websites and event registration platforms, terminology and workflows.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills to internal and external audiences
- Ability to justify projects and vendors numerically using spreadsheets
- Strong computer proficiency (i.e. Microsoft Office, SalesForce, etc.)
- Experience in or the travel technology industry is a plus
- College degree required
Related work Experience:
- 5-8 years of experience working as a technical systems analyst
- Experience with project management
- Hands on development experience is a plus
Formal Education or Equivalent:
College degree required.
Please send your cover letter with compensation requirements and your resume to ITResumes@ntmllc.com. We offer a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and a dynamic and exciting culture. Check out what our employees have to say: http://www.northstartravelgroup.com/about-us/join-the-team.
Northstar Travel Group is an equal opportunity employer.