FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: David Blansfield
Executive Vice President & Group Publisher
201.902.1901 | firstname.lastname@example.org
SUCCESSFUL MEETINGS HONORS 2017’S MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE IN THE MEETINGS INDUSTRY
(JULY 5, 2017 – SECAUCUS, NJ) On July 5, 2017, Successful Meetings named its annual list of 25 outstanding professionals who have had a significant impact on the meetings industry.
“This year’s list of impact players represents a diverse group of exceptional professionals—some being recognized for the first time, alongside past honorees whose work continues to drive the industry forward,” said Vince Alonzo, Editor-in-Chief of Successful Meetings. “They’ve been chosen because they have either contributed to the business of meetings, made it easier for meetings professionals to do their jobs, helped raise awareness of the industry, or, through their actions, have had a significant impact on meetings professionals.”
- Amy Ledoux, CMP, CAE, senior vice president, meetings, expositions & special events, ASAE: The Center for Association Leadership
- Don Welsh, president and CEO of Destinations International
- David Peckinpaugh, CMP, CIS, president, Maritz Global Events (includes Maritz Travel and Experient); chair-elect, PCMA Education Foundation board of trustees
- Michael Massari, chief sales officer, Caesars Entertainment; board member, MPI
- Roger Dow, president and CEO, U.S. Travel Association
- Roberta A. Kravitz, executive director, International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM); member, PCMA Education Foundation board of trustees
- Christian-Claus Roth, co-president, International Pharmaceutical Congress Advisory Association (IPCAA); head global scientific engagement governance, Novartis Pharma AG
- Jami Stapelmann, director, global travel and meetings, Estee Lauder Companies
- Amanda Armstrong, CMP, director of corporate travel and meetings, Enterprise Holdings, Inc.; chair-elect of Meeting Professionals International (MPI)
- Jessie States, CMM, manager of professional development, Meeting Professionals International
- Natasha Syed, director of global conference & incentive sales, Rocco Forte Hotels; vice president, Young Leaders/Event Liaison, SITE Texas
- David Jefferys, president and CEO of the Altus Agency; founder and executive director of the LGBT Meeting Professionals Association
- Bradford Rand, president and CEO at TECHEXPO, Cyber Security Summit
Potential honorees for The 25 Most Influential People in the Meetings Industry for 2017 were suggested by key members of the meeting industry, recipients from previous years, and through open nominations. The final 25 were chosen by our editorial team. Each honoree will be featured in the July 2017 issue of Successful Meetings and online at successfulmeetings.com/Influential25.
ABOUT SUCCESSFUL MEETINGS
Successful Meetings is the leading multi-platform brand for multi-tasking meeting planners representing a variety of industries and job titles, delivering clear and easy-to-implement how-to strategies, creative solutions, and sourcing services. Successful Meetings’ data, digital, events, and print products serve a vital sector of the meeting-planning marketplace that industry associations and other media companies are unable to reach—including senior executives, department heads, sales and marketing directors, and administrative professionals who plan and approve a range of business events from high-level retreats and conferences to ad hoc meetings. For more information, visit successfulmeetings.com/About-Us/.
ABOUT NORTHSTAR MEETINGS GROUP
The Northstar Meetings Group is the leading B-to-B information and marketing solutions company serving all segments of the business events market, including full-time and part-time meeting planners, as well as senior corporate, association, and not-for-profit decision-makers and incentive professionals, facilitating their professional development and achievement of business goals. The Meetings Group’s influential brands—Meetings & Conventions, Successful Meetings, Incentive, and Meeting News—currently serve over 200,000 active planners and incentive professionals through its data, digital, events, and print products. For more information, visit northstarmeetingsgroup.com.