Northstar Travel Group is seeking a Staff Writer/Assistant Editor to join the BTN Group, the undisputed leader of business travel and meeting information in North America. Ideal candidates have recently begun a career in business journalism and are looking for the opportunity to become an industry expert and grow their career as a part of our small team. He/she must be versatile, with the desire to learn about our products and industry while supporting different initiatives, from research to social media to writing stories.
This position is based in our office in mid-town Manhattan, just a block away from Penn Station.
- Writing short daily news stories
- Organizing daily and weekly content for BTN's multiple newsletter channels
- Social media posting and scheduling
- Editorial responsibilities, including assisting with proofreading, research planning, programming and promotion
- Assisting with and ultimately owning annual projects, such as the BTN Handbook and CT100
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1-2 years working in a business reporting capacity
- Experience with online content management systems is a plus as is familiarity in managing content for social media distribution.
- Versatile writer, with a degree in English, communications, journalism or other related concentration.
- Solid editorial judgement with the ability to distinguish between news and marketing spin
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and take on challenges.
Please send your resume, cover letter with compensation requirements, and links to your writing samples to BTNResumes@ntmllc.com.
We offer a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and a dynamic and exciting culture. Check out what our employees have to say: http://www.northstartravelgroup.com/about-us/join-the-team.
Northstar Travel Group is an equal opportunity employer.