A rapidly growing and privately held company located in the picturesque towns of Stowe and Burlington, Vermont, Inntopia is a leading provider of travel technology and services to Resorts, Destination Marketing Organizations, Central Reservation Agencies, Activity Providers, Web Portals and other Travel Suppliers, Aggregators, and Resellers.
Inntopia is currently hiring seasoned Product Owners looking for new challenges within a multi-disciplinary application environment. If you fit that description and want to apply your experience to a growing company and help shape the Agile transition, we want to hear from you.
Description/Job Mission Statement
The Product Owner is responsible for walking the line between business requirements and technical implementation. The primary responsibility of the Product Owner is to create and maintain the Scrum Team’s backlog, prioritize work, and drive the team’s release plans. Doing so successfully requires very strong communication skills and the ability to successfully translate between technical teams and both internal and external stakeholders.
Candidate must have two+ years of experience in most, if not all, of the following:
- Building and grooming of a product backlog.
- Creating and prioritizing User Stories.
- Working closely with the Scrum Master to ensure backlog is ready and actionable.
- Being responsible for backlog grooming and story pointing.
- Facilitating the Definition of Ready and Definition of Done criteria for all stories.
- Developing relationships with internal and external customers.
- Inter-team coordination and collaboration by helping identify and track user story dependencies between scrum teams.
- Learning from and sharing best practices with Product Owners on other teams.
- Developing broad and achievable release plans.
Familiarity with Agile tools and software applications:
- MS Team Foundation Server (preferred)
Additional Beneficial Skills
- Application design and development
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Travel/hospitality industry experience
- Experience with high-volume transactional accounting systems (accounts receivable and accounts payable)
- Experience with security protocols (i.e. OWASP Top Ten, PCI Compliance, and data encryption standards)
- Experience with software development process management
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply.