Phocuswright, a subsidiary of Northstar Travel Group and the research authority on the intersection of travel and digital, is launching a new initiative. This daily digital newsletter will cover, analyze, and debate the most important developments in travel technology. We’re currently seeking a tenacious and fast-learning journalist to work as a full-time reporter writing news and analysis, including development of his/her own contact base, covering conferences and other live events, and interviewing senior execs across the sector. Candidates must be fast and accurate with their copy and will be encouraged to develop their own story ideas and help shape the wider editorial strategy. Responsibilities include having a role in other digital initiatives, such as video, webinars and podcasts.
Candidates that can work from our offices in New York, NY or Secaucus, NJ will be given preference, although home-based candidates throughout the United States will also be considered.
Occasional domestic and international travel may be required to attend conferences and other live events.
• Write accurate and fast news copy to deadline, publishing on various platforms including in-house content management system and social media channels.
• Interview senior leaders in-person or over the phone, understanding and analyzing research, company announcements or financial reports, and getting unique angles behind the news.
• Create and nurture a wide range of contacts in and around the sector, cover conferences and other live events
• Contribute ideas to editorial strategy and build relationships within the wider portfolio of media brands.
• Able to produce informative and lively copy to deadline, ensuring content is both accurate and will resonate with readers.
• Ease with interviewing industry leaders and officials in-person or over the phone (shorthand is a plus) and able to disseminate research, announcements and financial reports.
• Familiarity with content management systems, social media and SEO techniques.
• Experience as a reporter on a B2B daily, web-based news service or print title.
• Self-organized with an ability to manage busy schedule and multiple workloads.
• Creative thinker who wants to contribute to overall strategy of the brand with ideas.
• Solid knowledge of issues in the ecommerce and technology sectors.
• Comfort working on other digital publishing formats, such as video, webinars and podcasts.
Please send your cover letter with compensation requirements, links to your samples, and your resume to Resumes@ntmllc.com
. Please indicate that you’re applying for the Reporter position
Northstar Travel Group is an equal opportunity employer.