Phocuswright, a subsidiary of Northstar Travel Group and the research authority on the intersection of travel and digital, is launching a new initiative. This daily digital newsletter will cover, analyze, and debate the most important developments in travel technology. We’re seeking an experienced, forward-thinking News Editor to manage a team of reporters and contributors to oversee day-to-day operations, steer content, and help to shape the editorial strategy of the brand.
Candidates that can work from our offices in New York, NY or Secaucus, NJ will be given preference, although home-based candidates that live on the East Coast will also be considered.
Occasional domestic and international travel may be required to attend conferences and other live events.
• Manage a team of reporters, freelancers, and other external contributors
• Oversee day-to-day operations, including editing copy, steering coverage of the news agenda and off-diary content, sending email alerts and producing their content.
• Support the editor-in-chief in helping shape the wider editorial strategy of the brand, including a role in other digital initiatives, such as video, webinars and podcasts.
• Ability to produce and edit copy to deadline, ensuring content is both accurate and will resonate with readers.
• Familiarity with content management systems, newsletter platforms, social media and SEO techniques.
• Experience as a senior reporter or managing editor role on a daily, web-based news service.
• Self-organizer and an ability to oversee a remote reporting team based in various locations.
• Excellent communications skills, including an ability to represent the brand at live events.
• Solid knowledge of issues in the ecommerce and technology sectors.
• Ability to work on exclusive, investigative articles, drawing on own contacts and tip-offs.
• Creative thinker who wants to contribute to overall strategy of the brand with ideas.
• Comfort with other digital publishing formats, such as video, webinars and podcasts.
Please send your cover letter with compensation requirements and your resume to Resumes@ntmllc.com
. Please indicate that you’re applying for the News Editor position
Northstar Travel Group is an equal opportunity employer.