Northstar Travel Group is seeking an experienced, strategic .NET Front End Developer to research, design, and develop new web applications and systems, as well as maintaining existing applications.
This position is based in our Lombard, IL office.
Responsibilities include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. The Developer will actively participate and interact with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between design and technical implementation. He/she will apply DRY principal and build clean, readable, easily maintainable code while optimizing for maximum speed and scalability. This position collaborates with team members and stakeholders while working independently with little technical oversight.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The individual should have a BS degree in computer science or equivalent formal training or work experience.
- 2+ years of web application development experience in .NET framework 4+, ASP.NET and C# ecosystems
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Expert understanding of cross browser compatible web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 with proven knowledge of web (responsive and mobile) best practices
- Good understanding of SEO principles
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
- Problem solving skills with the ability to research and provide various solutions while effectively negotiating trade-offs with product management and engineering to achieve optimal UX
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and act with a sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, experience writing technical documents
- Be able to demonstrate systematic and analytical approach with good problem-solving skills
- Ability to independently and rapidly learn new technology
Please apply through our applicant website.
We offer a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and a dynamic and exciting culture. Check out what our employees have to say: http://www.northstartravelgroup.com/about-us/join-the-team.
Northstar Travel Group is an equal opportunity employer.