Phocuswright, a subsidiary of Northstar Travel Group and the research authority on the intersection of travel and digital, is seeking a dynamic travel industry thought leader to help lead our growing research organization. The Director of Research will manage and contribute to a range of travel-related research projects from concept to deliverable, including reports, surveys and consumer insights, custom strategy work, speaking engagements, and a range of data and analytics initiatives. The director also will coordinate the activities of other analysts to ensure complete and accurate coverage of markets, companies, trends and strategies.
The director will drive meaningful, actionable analysis and insights to assist travel companies with strategic decision-making. Using both qualitative and quantitative research methods, the director will report on those findings with structure and clarity using a variety of formats.
Although candidates based anywhere within the United States will be considered, those in the New York metro area will be given preference.
- Provide perspective and insights on travel industry trends, including identifying opportunities for growth and change
- Design, lead and execute research projects
- Analyze findings, aggregate results and prepare compelling deliverables in slide decks and final reports
- Work closely with clients to identify their goals and deliver meaningful outcomes
- Present with authority at industry events including The Phocuswright Conference
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of five years of data analysis and/or research survey experience
- Travel industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong analytical thinking and passion for travel and technology
- Ability to interpret multiple sets of data to derive meaningful insights
- Adept at organizing ideas, identifying trends, structuring content and creating narratives
- Talented writer and story-teller
- Compelling presentation delivery and on-stage presence
- Ability to assess client needs and design methodology to solve unique problems
- Experience using statistical methods for consumer and industry research surveys; knowledge of SPSS a plus
- Experience working in the travel industry or on travel-related projects
Please send a cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications and salary requirements to NYNJResumes@ntmllc.com. We offer a dynamic and exciting culture; check out what employees have to say about working at Northstar: http://www.northstartravelgroup.com/about-us/join-the-team.
Northstar Travel Group is an equal opportunity employer.