travel42, a Northstar Travel Group brand, is a subscription service that offers travel professionals destination guides, hotel reviews, and everything else they need to plan the best travel experiences for their clients.
travel42 is currently seeking a thoughtful, organized, and digitally-savvy Assistant Editor to join the team. The ideal candidate for this entry-level role is a recent graduate with experience editing print or digital content, such as a school newspaper, magazine editorial internship, or a high-traffic blog. Candidates must be comfortable working independently and have a high degree of internal motivation.
This position will be based in our Glen Ellyn, IL office.
- Edit, update and copy edit travel42 destination, hotel and cruise reviews.
- Assist with travel42's social media strategy to include writing blog posts and creating content for a variety of platforms.
- Monitor consumer and trade press to keep abreast of travel trends worldwide as relevant to travel42.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A minimum of one year's experience editing on a newspaper, magazine or digital publication.
- Four-year college degree required
- Strong attention to detail and excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to easily learn new technology and content management system.
- Internet and Microsoft Word proficiency required. Excel a plus.
- Good news judgement.
- Must be able to adapt to the travel42 voice and be able to write and edit clear, concise and appropriate copy.
- Experience with various social media platforms strongly desired.
- Must be able to work well independently and be able to manage priorities and work flow.
- Travel experience or former residency outside the U.S. a plus, as is knowledge of foreign languages.
- Knowledge of the travel industry, new media and digital trends are pluses.
Click here to apply. Please ensure you attach your cover letter with compensation requirements and your resume. We offer a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and a dynamic and exciting culture.
Northstar Travel Group is an equal opportunity employer.